The following Coronavirus measures will be in effect from 11th November. They will be valid for 30 days, but may be extended if necessary.
The main measures are:
- there will be a curfew between 8 pm and 5 am
- shopping hours for seniors: 9am-11am on weekdays, 8am-10am at weekends
- the restaurants are closing, only home delivery and take away is possible
- a general ban on events will take effect
- up to 10 people can take part in family gatherings and private events
- high school and university education will be online
- kindergartens and primary schools will remain open to those under 14 years of age
- hospital workers, nursery, kindergarten and school workers are tested weekly
- weddings can be held, but only next of kin can attend
- maximum 50 people can attend funerals
- sports matches can be held behind closed gates
- amateur team sports are prohibited
- individual sports are allowed outdoors, but amateur team sports are prohibited
- leisure facilities, theaters, museums, zoos will be closed
- hotels can only accommodate business guests, not tourists
Latest Covid Case Numbers in Hungary
On December 1st
|New Cases||3 951|
|Total Active Cases||151 294|
|New Tests||5 758|
Timeline Daily New Covid Cases in Hungary
Entry Rules to Hungary
At the border all passengers will go through passport control and coronavirus check. Visitors are asked about the purpose of their visit and for any necessary papers relevant to their reason for entering. Entry rules due to the coronavirus pandemic include temperature measurement at the border crossings.
Anyone who presents two negative PCR tests that were carried out within five days with a time difference of at least 48 hours can enter without the need to quarantine.
Entry to Hungary is permitted without quarantine and without mandatory testing for:
- Business trips, certain papers are required to prove this
- Holders of diplomatic or service passports
- Cross-border commuters in a zone up to 30 km from the border for a maximum of 24 hours
- Freight transport
- People who can credibly prove that they have already contracted the coronavirus within 6 months.