The following Coronavirus measures will be valid until March 1st and may be extended if necessary.
The main measures are:
- there will be a curfew between 8 pm and 5 am
- shops are open until 7pm
- hotels can only accommodate business guests, not tourists
- the restaurants are closing, only home delivery and take away is possible
- a general ban on events will take effect
- up to 10 people can take part in family gatherings and private events
- hospital workers, nursery, kindergarten and school workers are tested weekly
- weddings can be held, but only next of kin can attend
- maximum 50 people can attend funerals
- sports matches can be held behind closed gates
- amateur team sports are prohibited
- individual sports are allowed outdoors, but amateur team sports are prohibited
- leisure facilities, theaters, museums, zoos are closed
Latest Covid Case Numbers in Hungary
On February 24th
|Total Active Cases||82 127|
|New Tests||23 399|
|Vaccinated 2x||208 846|
Number of Vaccinated People in Hungary
Timeline Daily New Covid Cases in Hungary
Entry Rules to Hungary
At the border all passengers will go through passport control and coronavirus check. Visitors are asked about the purpose of their visit and for any necessary papers relevant to their reason for entering. Entry rules due to the coronavirus pandemic include temperature measurement at the border crossings.
Anyone who presents two negative PCR tests that were carried out within five days with a time difference of at least 48 hours can enter without the need to quarantine.
Entry to Hungary is permitted without quarantine and without mandatory testing for:
- Business trips, certain papers are required to prove this
- Holders of diplomatic or service passports
- Cross-border commuters in a zone up to 30 km from the border for a maximum of 24 hours
- Freight transport
- People who can credibly prove that they have already contracted the coronavirus within 6 months.